NSGC websites use external service provider servers to store site content and information collected through online forms. All service providers must comply with this policy and Government of Nova Scotia privacy laws in providing services to NSGC.
- Personal information submitted or collected will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
- Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes collected.
- Only the information necessary for the purposes that have been identified will be collected.
- Before your personal information is submitted to the Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation, your consent must be given for the collection of it.
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information means any information that is about an identifiable individual or that identifies you as an individual, as defined in the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It could be anything that identifies you, such as your name, address, your Social Insurance Number, your birth date or your email address.
What do we do with the personal information gathered from you?
The Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation does not give the personal information we collect to third parties except with your express permission or as permitted under legislation. We do not sell, rent or lease the personal information we collect.
We may disclose or use your personal information under the following circumstances:
- You have given us your consent.
- It is for a purpose related to why we collected your information.
- Legislation permits us to do so.
- We are required to do so under law.
For general information on what cookies are, and how to control them on your computer, see the page. Cookies will not allow NSGC to identify an individual.
For more information visit http://www.google.com/privacy.html.
Google and other third-party web applications
NSGC websites use a variety of web applications, including Google Analytics to provide users with relevant information and to enhance their online experience. Through these applications, Google collects users’ IP addresses and other information about your use of NSGC’s website. You have the ability to decline providing the information by refusing cookies in your browser. However, this may prevent personalized services from being provided and you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features available. To learn more about how Google collects and stores IP addresses and other information, please see Google’s Privacy Centre. Further information on Google Applications and Google’s policies on the protection of personal information, can be found through Google’s Privacy FAQ.
Access to your information
For further information about NSGC’s commitment to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information, please contact NSGC’s Privacy Officer, Karen Lockerby, at (902) 424-1988